MEAS TRITON in cooperation with the Municipality of Thessaloniki, under the aegis of S.E.G.A.S. and the support of E.A.S. S.E.G.A.S. of Thessaloniki announces and organizes the 8th International Thessaloniki Night Half Marathon 2019 as well as the 5km Health and Power Walking Race.
All the races will be conducted according to the regulations outlined below:
1. Date of Conduction:
Saturday, October 19th 2019
2.Start – Finish
a) Halfmarathon: starts at Navarchou Kountouriotou Str. (Thessaloniki Port Authority) and finishes at the White Tower
b) 5.000m Race: Starts at the City Hall of Thessaloniki and finishes at the White Tower
3. Race Infrormation:
Starting time: 18:00
Route description: The race starts at Navarchou Kountouriotou Str. (Thessaloniki Port Authority). The Halfmarathon route follows the streets: Navarchou Kountouriotou, Nikis Avenue, Megalou Alexandrou Avenue, 180-degree turn about at Georgiou Papandreou Avenue, Megalou Alexandrou Avenue, right turn in 3rd Septemvriou Str., left turn and entrance to Adronikou Str., Tsimiski, Politechniou, 180-degree turn and entrance to Karatasou Str, and Kountouriotou Str. At this point the runners complete the first round. Running the particular route twice, the runners finish at the White Tower.
b) 5.000m Health and Power Walking Race:
Starting time: 21:00
Route description: The race starts at the City Hall of Thessaloniki (streets involved: Vasileos Georgiou and Tritis Septemvriou).The 5.000m. route follows the streets: Vasileos Georgiou Avenue, Andronikou, Tsimiski, Politechniou, Karatasou, Kountouriotou Avenue, Nikis Avenue, where the participants finish in front of the White Tower (the whole route runs in parallel with the Halfmarathon route, having the same finish, the White Tower).
4. Age limit
A runner should be over 18 years old in order to participate in the Half Marathon race and over 12 years old in order to participate in the 5km Health and Power Walking Race.
Marchers are allowed to participate only in the 5.000m Health and Power Walking Race.
5. Awards – Prize money
Medal Awards (medals and certificates) will be awarded to the first three winners of the general rank of each race for both Men and Women. Cups will be awarded only to the first Man and the first Woman of each race.
Souvenir medals will be given to all the runners who finish the race. The certificates of participation will be available on the official website:
5.2 Prize money
• The first 3 winners of the general rank will be awarded:
The athletes who will be ranked in these positions are entitled to the prize funds only if they have achieved a record under 1:14.00 for Men and under 1:30.00 for Women.
The first three winners of the general classification of the 5.000m. Health and Power Walking Race will be awarded:
• All the above funds – prizes of athletes are subject to 20% deduction, according to the Greek legislation.
6. Registration – Ways to register – Registration types
The registration deadline for the Half Marathon Race and 5km Health and Power Walking Race is on Wednesday, September 25th 2019.
The group registration deadline for the Half Marathon Race and 5km Health and Power Walking Race is on Friday, September 20th 2019.
6.2 Ways to register
You can register:
b) send the printed application form:
- via fax on 2310-200.361, MEAS TRITON
- via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
c) in person:
at the Central Offices of the International Marathon “ALEXANDER THE GREAT”, National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Extension of Agiou Dimitriou Street : tel. (+30)2310.200360
6.3 Registration types:
a) individual registration: it is completed by each person individually. Runners should show their identity card for the race package pickup. The underage runners have to show or send their id or any other relevant official personal document.
b) team/group registration: 10 people or more, without limitation for the selection of race. This kind of registration addresses athletic clubs, runners’ clubs, gyms, companies, schools, public and private organizations, tour operators and simple groups of people who wish to participate as a team. The discount provided for the team/group registration is 5 euros, both the Half Marathon and the 5km Race. The team should have a leader, either runner or not. The leader represents the group in any case. The leader is responsible to provide the necassary information of the parents/guardians in case there are underage runners in the team. The leader should show his/her identity card for the race package pickup.
For further information concerning the team/group registration you can contact Mrs Victoria Papageorgiou and Mrs Ioanna Christopoulou on +30 2310 200.360.
7. Participation fee
7.1 Basic Package – fee
The discount package addresses students (up to 30 years old) and the student’s id must be sent on email or fax.
7.1.2 Basic Package – runner’s kit
|Halfmarathon||Technical t-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, isotonic drinks, juice, soft drinks, energy gel and bars, banana, medical services, certificate of participation (on the official website).|
|5km||Sponsor’s T-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, juice, energy bar,banana, medical services, certificate of participation (on the official website).|
7.2 Advanced Package – fee
|Halfmarathon||45 €||40 €|
|5km||40 €||35 €|
7.2.1 Advanced Package – runner’s kit
|Halfmarathon||Sports backpack, waterproof jacket, wrag (headwear), technical t-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, isotonic drinks, juice, soft drinks, energy gel and bars, banana, medical services, participation certificate (on the official website).|
|5km||Sports backpack, waterproof jacket, wrag (headwear) , sponsor’s t-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, juice, energy bar,banana, medical services, certificate of participation (on the official website).|
7.3 Full Package – fee
7.3.1 Full Package – runner’s kit
|Halfmarathon||Sports backpack, waterproof jacket, wrag (headwear), USB flash drive, tourist information material, technical t-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, isotonic drinks, juice, soft drinks, energy gel and bars, banana, medical services, participation certificate (on the official website).|
|5km||Sports backpack, waterproof jacket, wrag (headwear) , USB flash drive, tourist information material , t-shirt, bib number, timing chip, finisher’s medal, water, juice, energy bar, banana, medical services, certificate of participation (on the official website).|
a) Online by credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO) when registering on the official website:
b) Deposit to the following bank account:
National Bank of Greece
IBAN number: GR 1601102170000021729618492 (M.E.A.S TRITON)
Swift code: (BIC) ETHNGRAA
c) Cash payment at the Central Offices of the Organization (National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Agiou Dimitriou Extension, zip code 54638)
Monday – Friday: 10:00-14:00, 17:30 – 20:30
Saturday: 11:00 – 13:00
- Your participation will be valid and completed after the deposit of the participation fee after your registration. Your full name must be clearly written on the payment receipt.
- There will be an extra fee of 5€ for those who register on the 17th and 12th of October at the registration center. The available entries will be limited then.
- Cancellations may be accepted only after written notification and only in case such a written notification is sent to the Organizing Committee before September 19, 2019. After that date no cancellation request is accepted. In case of confirmed cancellation, the registration fee is refunded to the applicant, given that 2 euros are deducted for operational expenses.
9. Medical Services
Runners participate in all races on their own responsibility.
The organizers are not responsible for anything that may happen during the race, concerning health issues due to lack of preventive medical check. It is highly recommended to the athletes to proceed to all the appropriate medical examinations. The organizers will not ask for medical assurance, as all the athletes participate on their own responsibility and the under-aged athletes on their guardians’ responsibility.
10. Support Stations
Support stations will be available along the Half Marathon route (every 2.5km), as they are described in the race map.
Bottled water will be given to all athletes (Half Marathon, 5km.) at the start, the finish.
There will be available water for the halfmarathon runners along the route.
Isotonic drinks will be available for the Half Marathon runners at a support station of the route and at the finish.
Bananas will be available for the Half Marathon runners at a support station along the route.
Chemical toilettes will be available at the start, the finish and some of the support stations.
Medical services will be providedat the start, the finish and all the support stations.
11. Doping Control
According to the regulation, ESKAN will conduct anti-doping control to thee Women and three Men who participate in the Halfmarathon Race.
There are Km-markers at every kilometer along the Half Marathon route.
13. Finishing time limit
The time limit for the Half Marathon is three hours (runners may finish until 21:00). The time limit for the 5km Health and Power Walking Race is 90 minutes (runners may finish until 22:30).
14. Electronic time control – results
14.1 Electronic time control
The results of all races and the electronic time control will be conducted by an official cooperating company. Thus, all the runners should wear the bib numbers with the time control chips, which they will get at the Registration Center.
Carpets of electronic control and time check:
Half Marathon : at the start, at the reversal point at the end of Megalou Alexandrou Avenue, Politechniou Street (Courts) and the finish.
5.000m Health and Power Walking Race : at the start, Politechniou Street (Courts) and the finish.
Runners that don’t have electronic indication at the points referred above will be cancelled.
Unofficial results will be announced on our official website after the end of the Race, giving the opportunity to any runner to raise any objections within the next ten workdays. The official results for all categories will be announced on our website about fifteen workdays after the race.
15. Registration Center and numbers (bibs) pick up
Place: Will be announced
Date: Thursday 17.10.2019 and Friday 18.10.2019 from 10:00 to 19:00 and on Saturday 19.10.2019 from 10.00 to 13.00
The runners have to pick up their registration number (bib) and the runner’s pack exclusively from the Registration Center.
MEAS TRITON, National Kaftanzoglio Stadium, Extension of Agiou Dimitriou Street, postal code 54638
tel. +30 2310200360
fax. +30 2310200361
17. General Terms and Conditions
- Only runners that have officially and on time registered for the event can participate in the race
- The event takes place the day and time that has been announced as such, regardless of weather conditions. Only in cases of exceptional circumstances or other force major incident, MEAS TRITON the Organizing Committee of the event have the right to decide on the postponement of the start time or the cancellation of the event, depending on current conditions. In such cases, the registration fee is NOT refunded to the registered runners.
- MEAS TRITON and the Organizing Committee of the event have the right to change the event’s schedule, the terms and conditions regarding participation and staging of the event, without prior notice, by posting such a decision on the website of the event.
- The personal data declared by the participant upon submission of entry form are true and correct. In case the entry form is submitted by a third party, it is granted that the participant consents to his/her personal data being given to the Organizing Committee of the event by the third party.
- Participants agree that their personal data are given to third parties for reasons related to timing, results’ ranking and announcement on the internet. Personal data of the participants required during the registration procedure are stored and will be used for purposes only related to the staging of the event. By submitting an entry form, each participant consents to the storing of his/her personal data and its use for the purposes of the event.
- Participants consent to the use of their image during the race by the organizers, sponsors, or other partners of the event for promotional purposes, with no right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
- By agreeing to current Terms & Conditions, the participant consents to his/her photos being taken by the event’s photographers and the Official Photo Agency of the event. The event is being filmed, recorded and exploited by means of television, film, video or some other broadcast or media format. The participant agrees to the use and reproduction of his/her name, likeness, appearance and photograph. All such commercial rights in relation to the above belong entirely to the organization and the participant has no proprietary rights in relation to any film, photograph or other such recorded media, nor right to claim full or partial compensation for that reason.
- The photos and videos of the participants are uploaded on the webiste of the Official Photo Agency of the event, they are visible by the public and remain as such without time limitation. Any photographs may be purchased online following the event, through the website of the event’s Official Photo Agency. In any case, the participant may contact the Organizers for any issues related to the processing stated in the current clause/paragraph.
- MEAS TRITON and the Organizing Committee have the right to suspend, or close registration without prior notice.
- Registration to any of the races is possible only through the online registration platform available in the official event’s website, or by any alternative way indicated by the Organizing Committee.
- Race bibs and kits are personally collected by the registered runners themselves and only from the event’s Registration Centre during the days and hours announced. The registered runner needs to present a valid identification document (ID card, passport etc.). A registered runner may authorize another person to collect his/her race bib on his/her behalf from the event’s Registration Centre, as mentioned above, presenting an authorization by the registered runner on the responsibility, of the latter, as well as a copy of the ID card or other legal identification document (for example passport, driving license) of the registered runner.
- In order to collect race bibs and race kits, it is required, in addition to presenting ID card or other legal identification document (eg passport, driving license) of the registered runner, to also present a copy of the “bib number notification e-mail” that states the runner’s race bib, and is sent to all registered runners.
- Participants are obliged to strictly follow the instructions of the organizers, volunteers, and event’s staff, including calls to abandon the course and stop the race.
- Any breach or non-compliance with the race regulations announced by the international regulations of AIMS and IAAF result in the disqualification of the participant from the event and erasure from the race results without any kind of compensation.
- The race bib is personal and may not be conveyed, transferred, or be given to another runner under any circumstances.
- Participants are obliged to read and respect the instructions provided by the Organizing Committee of the event, either electronically, or in printed format (such as Medical & Technical Instructions, Race Manual) and which have been announced in the official website of the event.
- Every participant is obliged to fill in, on his/her own responsibility, the data required at the back side of his/her race bib, whether it is relevant to contact information, or personal medical data.
- Use of bicycle or other wheeled mean is not allowed on the race course, whether it is about a runner, or another accompanying person. In such case, the directly involved participant is excluded from the race and is called upon to withdraw from the event.
- The official time is the time from the starting gunshot. The net time is the time from the moment the participant passes the mat at the start line, until he/she crosses the relevant mat at the finish line.
- The race classification results from the official finish time. The net and split time is announced only for the information of the runner.